Where Am I Right Now
The My location tool will show your location, latitude and longitude on the map. You can move the map around to explore streets and cities around you.
The what is my location tool uses the geolocation to find your location. In order to do that, the tool needs access to your location. When the browser
prompts you to give where am I website to access to your location, please select yes or allow access. If you select no, the where am I now tool will not be able to find your location.
You can share your current location with other people through text messages or other type of communication.
My Location Now
The where am I now tool works for both desktop computers and mobile phones. However, if you happen to have an Android phone, you can install
the where am I app. The where Am I app has most of the functionalities as
the web tool except for IP address lookup. It also has some extra features that the web tool doesn't have such as allowing you to save addresses and coordinates for future reference.
For example, you can save all the address of your friends, or any place that you travel that you want to revisit later or simply share with your friends.
what county am I in - Sometimes, it is hard to find out which county you are at. Use this tool to find the county of your current location.
what is my zip code - Need to find the zip code of your location? Get the zip code of your address now.
what city am I in - Not sure of which city you are at right now? Find out what city you are at with the city lookup tool.
what state am I in - if you are not sure which state you are in right now, this is where you would find out.
what country am I in - are you flying and not sure where you have landed or are you between the border of two countries?
what is my address - Unsure where you are? Get the exact address of where you are.
what town am I in - find out the town of your current location.
what is my latitude and longitude - get the latlong of your point of location. You can use the latitude and longitude for your car gps.
Latitude and Longitude
Latitude is the angular distance of a place north or south of the earth's equator. Longitude is the angular distance of a place east or west of the meridian at Greenwich, England, or west of the standard meridian of a celestial object.
Degree of the angle of latitude and longitude are between -90° and 90°, and are usually expressed in degrees and minutes.
Where am I FAQ
How does it work?
- The tool uses the geolocation feature provided by your browser. The geolocation has your current location in gps coordinates format.
Upon visiting the site, the browser will prompt for your permission to access the geolocation information. You will have to allow the tool to have
access your location in order for it to work.
Do I have to download anything?
- No, you do not need to download anything. It is a browser based tool, and is compatible with all the major browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explore, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
Do you store my location?
- No, we do not store your location. Once you leave the site, the location is lost permanently.
Can I move the map around?
- Yes, you can explore the nearby areas by moving the map around. You can zoom in to have a clear view of a point or zoom out to have a large view of the area.
Can I find the distance between two points?
- Yes, you can calculate the distance in terms of miles and kilometers using the distance between cities tool.
Does it work on mobile phone?
- Yes, the where am i tool works on any mobile device and computer as long as you have the location feature enabled on your phone.
Do you have an APP?
- Yes, we have an APP for Android which you can install free of charge. Get where am I App on Android.
Currently, we do not have an iPhone version of the APP.
Where am I APP
The where am I APP for is available for free install in the Play Store. If you have an Android phone or device, you can download it and use it on the go.
Here are some features of the where am I app and what you can do with the tool.
- Get your current location - find out where are you right now. This feature is useful for meetup purposes. You can retrieve your current location and share it with someone else so that you both can meetup at this gps coordinates or address. The app allows you to share your current location (address and coordinates) with anybody directly within the app.
- Live update - the app updates your location automatically so you can get live update as you walk or drive.
- Search Locations - You can search for any location by address, gps coordinates or by browsing the map.
- Coordinates Converter - You can convert any address to latitude and longitude and vice versa. This is useful if you need to export the gps coordinates to your car navigation system or other tools.
- Save Locations - You can save a list of locations for later use. For example, you can keep track a list of places that you visited today. You can also keep a list of where your friends live and use it as an address book.
- Browse around the neighborhood - You can use the app to browser around any neighborhood, or city using the map. You will never get lost since you can lookup any location along with its address.
The app is free, anyone with an Android phone or tablet can install and use it right away. The app has been installed by over 100,000 users with a rating of 4.5 in Play Store.